FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Tracking stops when Falcon 4/FreeFalcon starts up

RSS >  Tracking stops when Falcon 4/FreeFalcon starts up
Waldo_II #1 13/11/2009 - 18h41

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 12/04/2009

Off line

I have just last night installed Falcon 4/FreeFalcon 5.3 and am very impressed with the game, but I cannot get Freetrack to work with it. Whenever I start the program, Freetrack stops its tracking. The camera still works, and there still is a TrackIR output to the game, but the output doesn't update. It remains static at the point when I started the game.

Here is what happens. I start freetrack, and everything looks fine.
This is how Freetrack looks before I start the game.

I start FreeFalcon 5.3.

My camera's green light (VX1000) flashes several times. The light is illuminated whenever it is being used, either by Freetrack or by another piece of software that uses the webcam. The light is off when it isn't being used. I believe this is when the error occurs.

I try to play a game in FreeFalcon. When I switch into the 3D HUD mode, the camera looks at the same angle, I believe, FreeTrack calculated at the point when tracking was disabled. When I Press shift+F12, the combination to center Freetrack, the camera snaps back into the centered position, but no matter how much I move my head/LEDs, it remains there.

I exit FreeFalcon and I look at Freetrack. This is what I see. As you can see, the red-pixel interpretation of the video is gone and has been replaced by the raw video feed. Freetrack is not tracking at all.

How can I fix FreeTrack so I keeps tracking after I start the game?

Many thanks,
Waldo
sir_puding #2 18/11/2009 - 22h46

Registered on : 18/11/2009

Off line

Change from RGB to I420 in stream settings was very helpful for me.
Posted Image
Waldo_II #3 21/11/2009 - 05h16

Registered on : 12/04/2009

Off line

Thank you, that did solve my problem. When I first checked, I did not have the I420 option, only RGB 24.  I decided to hunt for more recent drivers, found and installed the latest, and the option was there.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Tracking stops when Falcon 4/FreeFalcon starts up

>  Stats

2 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 2 guest(s)).