FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Win7 x64 w/ vx-1000 20 fps max?
shadoslayer #1 27/10/2009 - 22h43

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 12/08/2009

Off line

Hey everyone, hopefully someone has some suggestions for me here. I recently went from Vista (were I had everything running at a perfect 30fps) to Windows 7.

I got FreeTrack working again, had vista enabler turn off auto exposure, but for some reason freetrack never shows over 20fps. Nothing I change, resolution, compression, anything, will change the number from 20fps.

So, I'm at a complete loss. If anyone can offer up some thoughts, I'd really appreciate it.

cheers
shado
mfd #2 28/10/2009 - 09h09

Registered on : 28/10/2009

Off line

Hi,
I am a new user. I have win 7 64 with a vx1000 and 30fps.

When you launch freetrack it also launches the microsoft webcam software into the right hand task bar(little upwards arrow) which i think is a sepperate instance of the software for cam use with another program (i could be wrong though). If you open it from the task bar and apply the cam settings with the enabler it will now remember those settings every time you launch freetrack in the future.

You must make sure the exposeure is set to "0" and under the "frame rate tab" in freetrack, disable the auto multiplyer, and set it to to "1"

Give it a try!!

Regards
Edited by mfd on 28/10/2009 at 10h22.
kloppenberg #3 13/11/2009 - 00h43

Registered on : 26/06/2008

Off line

In Win7 with the MX-1000 i just plugged the webcam in and let windows install the drivers.  in MSCONFIG I disabled the launch of the Windows VX1000 programs, and if for some reason they are running you can just 'end task' in the task manager.

i am able to get 30 FPS with 0-5 JPS at 640x480 no problem.
SomeBum #4 09/01/2010 - 04h06

Registered on : 08/01/2010

Off line

I am having absolutely no luck with the VX-1000 in Win7 x64. My webcam has had the IR Filter removed and a piece of floppy disk inserted in its place. I have followed all directions for getting the camera to register 30fps, and nothing works. The camera's settings (accessed from either the taskbar or through FreeTrack) always reset the exposure to 24. Using VistaEnabler I turned off auto exposure, but the camera doesn't seem to care. Under the Frame Rate tab in FreeTrack I have it set so that it should do 30fps and auto multiplier is off and set to 1.

What programs do I need to kill with End Task? How can I get the exposure to stay at 0? How do I get up to 30fps?

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed it. My problem was I needed to have open the LifeCam view of the camera when holding to the lamp, not FreeTrack.
Edited by SomeBum on 09/01/2010 at 06h49.
kirock7 #5 30/01/2010 - 16h28

Registered on : 21/01/2010

Off line

SomeBum @ 09/01/2010 - 05h06 a dit:

I am having absolutely no luck with the VX-1000 in Win7 x64. My webcam has had the IR Filter removed and a piece of floppy disk inserted in its place. I have followed all directions for getting the camera to register 30fps, and nothing works. The camera's settings (accessed from either the taskbar or through FreeTrack) always reset the exposure to 24. Using VistaEnabler I turned off auto exposure, but the camera doesn't seem to care. Under the Frame Rate tab in FreeTrack I have it set so that it should do 30fps and auto multiplier is off and set to 1.

What programs do I need to kill with End Task? How can I get the exposure to stay at 0? How do I get up to 30fps?

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed it. My problem was I needed to have open the LifeCam view of the camera when holding to the lamp, not FreeTrack.

I've the same situation with the same equipment (except I'm still using WinXP).
Could you explain in a little more detail what you did to get your FPS up to 30?
I"m not sure what you mean "holding to the lamp"... and if I open the LifeCam software first, it won't let me turn on the camera in FreeTrack (I get an error saying that the pins can't connect.)
Thanks!

Edit:I unplugged and uninstalled the camera software, then downloaded the newest software from Microsoft and reinstalled. This time I didn't install the LifeCam software, just the drivers and when I reopened FreeTrack I was at 30fps. Question though: why does everyone recommend turning off the auto multiplier? I have butter smooth movement with it ticked.
Edited by kirock7 on 30/01/2010 at 18h16.
b0bl00i #6 05/02/2010 - 12h51

Registered on : 05/02/2010

Off line

Hi guys,

I'm running Windows 7 x64 Enterprise Edition and VX3000, works like a charm.

Win7 drivers are available at Microsofts webpage, just google for it.

My computer specs:

Core2 Duo @ 3200 MHZ
4 GB RAM
Nvidia 8800 GT.

Just download the drivers, start the installer, plug the camera in when prompted, finalize the installation and reboot.

After that, install free-track , get the trackirhaiku.inf and trackir.dll, put them in the installation folder. Start it up, configure free-track to fit your rig.

No need to run 640x480 if you are sitting pretty close to the monitor / camera.
I run mine at 50 HZ, no auto exposure, 640x480, 30 fps almost alwaya below 5 JPS..

Cheers

B0bl00i

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).