FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  How about multi-camara support?
barjack #1 25/10/2009 - 06h26

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 25/10/2009

Off line

Hi,all.Sorry my english is poor.
Currently i have a 3-led system established,it works very well.Now I have an idea.How about multi-camara support in the future release version?
You may ask'For what?'
Please look at the current rudder,throttle,they are still using resistor sensors,they are not durable and lack of accuracy,and most of them are expensive.
If we can have multi-camara in the future,we can use them to make very sensitive rudder and throttle.
Well,it not necessary be 2nd webcam,i think addtional optical mouse is good idea,it's cheap,and have 2 bottons and 1 wheel.buttons can easily modded as
toebreak,wheel can be the trim :lol:  Is there already other software do this?

This is only a concept,i don't know how complex this program is,or how much system performance consumed.So,,,forgive me if this idea is unresonable.

Thank you  again for releasing this software:)
Edited by barjack on 25/10/2009 at 07h39.
kloppenberg #2 13/11/2009 - 00h50

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 26/06/2008

Off line

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, but if you need more sensitivity for head tracking you can just use a higher resolution camera with a higher frame rate (like the wii-mote).

if you are talking about pedal control/sensitivity try another product.  most joysticks use optical tracking ( i have a MS Precision Pro from 10 years ago) that still works almost perfectly and it has seen thousands of hours of use.  i have heard of the potentiometers going bad over time in some pedals, but i have never encountered this and i have abused 2 sets of pedals over the past 10 years and they still work.

running multiple web cams would be more CPU intensive depending on what is used. my Microsoft MX-1000 uses ~4% on a 4.2ghz core i7, and at a lower resolution i was seeing up to 10% on a 3.6ghz pentium 4.
Edited by kloppenberg on 13/11/2009 at 00h51.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).