FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Freetrack Joystick Driver
iantron #1 14/10/2009 - 05h00

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 14/10/2009

Off line

Is it possible to write a joystick emulation driver, similar to ppjoy, just for FreeTrack? This could give us better resolution than ppjoy and would solve the ARMA II problem by allowing us to map the controls to the freetrack "joystick" axes.
iantron #2 23/10/2009 - 02h24

Registered on : 14/10/2009

Off line

So I just tested ArmA II with Cachya, another head-tracking software. Cachya has implemented a built in joystick emulation driver. I assigned the head rotation and translation axes in-game to the Cachya virtual joystick axes. The result was a beautifully working 5 degrees of freedom that completly bypassed anything written by NaturalPoint. The point: it is possible.

I believe that Cachya uses a modification of microsoft's VHIDMINI code sample from the WDK (Windows Driver Kit) for its virtual joystick driver. Unfortunately Cachya is not open source, and the most recent WDK no longer contains the VHIDMINI code sample. If I can get hold of the sample code, I might do some fiddling to see if I can come up with something useful for FreeTrack. On the other hand if there is anyone out there with driver programing experience...
Jorge.PT #3 24/10/2009 - 14h08

Registered on : 29/03/2009

Off line

It would be great if you are able to accomplish that.

Keep us posted.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).