FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > artefacts in FT cam-preview and filter problems [CLOSED]

RSS >  artefacts in FT cam-preview and filter problems [CLOSED], first-time-problems
cypher #1 24/07/2009 - 13h57

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 19/07/2009

Off line

Hi there,

I bought a MS VX-1000 and removed the IR-filter (unfortunately it broke during the procedure). After installing the drivers the cam works fine so far as long as I use the MS-webcam tool. The colors are washed out, but I couldn't care less about that. Two problems remain:

1. when I select the cam in FT I get a preview of the cam's sight (Button "Cam" in FT). What I see is exactly what I see using the MS LiveCam-Software, but at the lower edge an area of aprx. 30 pixels over the whole width is grey and there are flickering dots disturbing the detection. As the dots are flickering and moving, FT detects those dots as a IR-source, so the skull on the left side is moving around, too (without me holding any ir-source to the cam!). I don't know where this come from and I also don't know how to fix it. The artefacts are NOT visible in the MS-Livecam-Software, so I think it's not a problem with the cam itself. I use FT 2.2.0.279.

2. I can't figure out how to use the negatives/exposed film to prevent the cam from seeing backlight. As my IR-LEDs haven't been delivered yet I use the IR-LEDs of another webcam:

First try was with a piece of exposed, undeveloped film:

The result:

Second try was a developed negative:

The result (using two layers of it):

As you can see, the results are inoperative. I also used 7 to 10 layers of the negatives, with the result, that theres is no backlight and NO IR-light. Can anyone tell me how to solve these problems?

Thx in advance, cypher

[EDIT: Links removed]
Edited by cypher on 31/07/2009 at 06h12.
cypher #2 31/07/2009 - 06h11

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 19/07/2009

Off line

I closed this thread as I found the solution was first to reinstall the driver of the webcam. After that the cam worked fine in FT too and also the filter was no problem anymore. The second problem was that the LEDs I used then were too weak and not bright enough, so that they disappeared with all the other backlights when I set the threshold up. It works fine with brighter LEDs instead I still don't use SHP485 but normal, noname 1.2V 20mA LEDs with the top filed down.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > artefacts in FT cam-preview and filter problems [CLOSED]

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).