FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Extremely low FT performance (while drawing 3D skull)

RSS >  Extremely low FT performance (while drawing 3D skull)
Deimos #1 25/03/2009 - 18h08

Class : Beta Tester
Registered on : 07/11/2007

Off line

Hi there, it's been a while since i've last been around here :)
So, i recently was able to pick up FSX really cheap and since my computer isn't that strong i figured it'll be nice to put FT on a second PC and transmit the results via network to improve the performance a bit.
The secondary computer is a HP TC1100 tablet with 1GHz Pentium M CPU, GeForce4 420 Go GPU and 1.5GB RAM.
The trouble is that FT behaves really weird. When i press the "start" button, i can see the stream captured from camera at proper framerate, but as soon as the 3D skull appears few seconds later, FT CPU usage jumps sky-high and the camera framerate drops to something like 6-10FPS. Results are the same no matter what stream resolution i use, what point model i choose, what compression i use, what camera i use (i tested two - both working on a second PC), and even with the demo video.
Sure, it's not the strongest hardware around, but hey - FT worked at full 30FPS with ~5% CPU load on my old 1.5GH Sempron CPU.
I tried setting power saving options (both CPU and GPU) to max performance so that's not the problem.

There is definitely some problem with the 3d preview window of FT since camera feed is smooth before it appears. Also, when FT is minimized and i check the SDK sample, it seems to be much more responsive as well.
Any ideas what might be causing such behavior? By looking at the preview, it shouldn't put that much load on the hardware.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Extremely low FT performance (while drawing 3D skull)

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).