FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Hiccups with freetrack
telejunky #1 18/03/2009 - 23h39

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 18/03/2009

Off line

Hi there, i am happy that i finished my new usb powered LED array. But today one bug(?) really got on my nerves. It feels like Freetrack has got hiccups every 5th-10th second. Sometimes more often... Don't know why and it would be great if there is help outthere :)

First i thought my two 1,2V rech. batteries did not have enough power, but after my move to usb powered LEDs it is still there.

I am using 3 infared usb powered LEDs (powered by 2 AA batteries) with a Wii remote
- tried with 1,5 batteries and 1,2V
- usb powered led -> the leds are constantly shining they can't be the cause

-no difference between 1,2 and 1,5V in the Wii remote

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4788/bild136q.jpg

-I'm using a mirror construction because there is no much space left behind my screen. Then i thought it could be the double reflection of close objects of a mirror and its glas. But mep it isn't the cause, too.

So what can i try to eliminate those hiccups without reinstalling the whole pc :-/ if this would help the work would have been worth...
I already reinstalled FT. Maybe these informations are helpful:
-My Jitter is about 30-50 jps.
- Sometimes the fps of the wii drops down to 30 for a second. But when i press alt and tab for looking after FT the fps is still better then 93 fps...
- When I start Armed Assault and press ALT+TAB to change the profile from default to my ArmA-profile the skull rapidly moves up and down. after clickinig on my personal profile, the skull moves smoove...

-> Tomorrow, i try to use completely new batteries and look again, but i don't think it is the solution.

Here a video demonstrating these hiccups arrgh^^ it is one of the harder times where the hiccups are permanently recurrend.
4,5 MBhttp://rapidshare.com/files/210876486/Video023.3gp
It is filmed with my Nokia. I identified maybe a driver problem. If i try to capture a video using fraps there is no hiccup...

here another one with slightly less hiccups :(
http://rapidshare.com/files/210882978/Video019.3gp

Is this problem related to ATI's catalyst driver? Or desync between real fps and headtracking fps?!?

What do you say :) Thanks for reading
Edited by telejunky on 18/03/2009 at 23h57.
Quarrion #2 19/03/2009 - 06h36

Class : Beta Tester
Registered on : 09/10/2008

Off line

Try a different game to make sure that it is not just ArmA.
Edited by Quarrion on 19/03/2009 at 06h49.
telejunky #3 21/03/2009 - 17h19

Off line

I only got Armed Assault and Insurgency regarding the freetrack supported games. Despite of the fact that head tracking does not run as smooth in in surgency as in Armed Assault there are no hiccups. Are there any opensource/ free aviable games to test this bug with other games?

As said above: head tracking is really an advantage in Armed Assault and it is really smooth but these hiccups kick my ass. :(

I noticed that sometimes the fps of the wii get dropped to 68 fps and sometimes the skull appears to lag a bit. And how can i lower the JPS or does it not impact that much on head tracking? Even without the LED it is between 50-60 JPS with new batteries :-/
Quarrion #4 22/03/2009 - 01h43

Class : Beta Tester
Registered on : 09/10/2008

Off line

It looks like the game and FreeTrack are fighting for control of the view. Try giving FreeTrack a higher CPU priority.
telejunky #5 23/03/2009 - 19h25

Off line

MMh the origin seems to be located anywhere. Thanks Quarrion but increasing CPU affinity does not change it. But sometimes my wii remote suddenly disconnect from pc you just stops headtracking. No matter if the battery is up to full charge :-/ I try to reinstall windows in near future...

A freind of mine does orderd the wii remote first and he inspired me but he hasn't got this problem :(

EDIT: Hell yeah, first i couldn't delete freetrack: there was always an error with delete.exe...i just run the setup a second time deleted everything including the folder. With the new installed freetrack i only use the default profile. Before it i used my own profil which i had to chose via alt+tab after game started.
Like i said there is only one (the default) profile and it works fine :)

Edit 2: There are still sometimes just a few hiccups but it is quite less then before.
Edited by telejunky on 25/03/2009 at 17h29.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).