FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Grid Support
vagos #1 12/02/2009 - 11h00

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 12/02/2009

Off line

Hello to the community, I've noticed that there is no support for Grid although TrackIR offers its 6dof support.

Is there a "fight" between FreeTrack and TrackIR? :stuart:

Will in the future games TrackIR obtains all the licences for head tracking with no room for the FreeTrack?

Thanks for the great software people. Keep up the super work. :dev:
las6 #2 13/02/2009 - 10h13

Registered on : 13/02/2009

Off line

Well hello to you and everyone else as well. (I'm also new here)

I think you have misunderstood, though. TrackIR is a commercial head tracking solution that includes both the actual hardware and the software used to interact with the games.

Freetrack seems to only offer a FREE software that allows you to use (almost) any webcam and a few leds (in my case, LED light series from ikea, 3,50 euros) to track the movement of your head. Freetrack can EMULATE the TrackIR software, thus if a game supports TrackIR it works with Trackfree.

And yeah, Grid really works with Freetrack. (not positive about leaning, but at least everything else worked last night)
vagos #3 15/02/2009 - 14h33

Registered on : 12/02/2009

Off line

Well thanks for the answer. I've try it  in  friends house and the Free Track didnt seem to respond to any movements.

What version do you have? (Grid Version)

Thanks again
las6 #4 18/02/2009 - 09h19

Registered on : 13/02/2009

Off line

Ah, I think what's going on.

Either you don't have GRID 1.2 (which is the patch that adds TrackIR support), or your case is similar to mine:

I use Freetrack 2.2 that doesn't come with a profile for Grid. So I set one up myself and when I went to play I got to play one round just fine, when I hit the shift+F12 key to reset the freetrack while in-game, freetrack suddenly recognized GRID as a new game that supports TrackIR. Alt+Tabbing to windows revealed that Freetrack was asking for name for the new profile it wanted to create. Obviously, all of the settings were also gone, so the sensitivity settings were set to 0. On top of that, while FT is asking for the name, it doesn't seem to generate any data...

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

2 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 2 guest(s)).