FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Nedd help-Crashing
slim1664 #1 11/02/2009 - 09h14

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 11/02/2009

Off line

Hello all, as this is my 1st post i just want to say a quick BIG THANKS to all who put this program together and decided NOT to charge £160 for it.
Thank you, its brilliant, right:-

Windows Vista 32 sp1
Dual core athlon 64 6000+
Nvidia 8 motherboard
Nvidia 8800 gtx motherboard

latest Nvidia drivers
Latest DX9c/dx10
3piont cap
Free track 2.2.0.279
Wiimote

I had this working fine to start with then after reading some posts regarding an fsx (sp2/acceleration) problem i had i realised i didn't have simconnect installed (well couldn't see it in add/remove program) even though the simconnect option in freetrack is enabled, so i put in my fsx dvd 1 and installed the simconnect SDK followed by using simconnect.msi to install.

Now when i check simconnect in outputs of freetrack the program starts running very slow with a 6-7second delay from moving a slider to it happening etc.
If i then click start to start tracking the head render screen/box goes white and the start button greys out followed by a crash saying "freetrack has stopped responding"

If i uncheck the simconnect box after the slow down it all speeds up again and will work fine in any other games gtl, gtr2, gt-evo, future pinball.

I have tried manually putting the simconnect files in all the places i've read to do so and also unisnt/installed-freetrack, FSX-SDK and simconnect.

The only thing i havent reinstalled is FSX and i really dont want to if i can help it.

I'm out of ideas so please help.
Edited by slim1664 on 11/02/2009 at 09h24.
benmeijer #2 11/02/2009 - 13h49

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 19/07/2008

Off line

slim1664 @ 11/02/2009 - 10h14 a dit:

Now when i check simconnect in outputs of freetrack the program starts running very slow with a 6-7second delay from moving a slider to it happening etc.
If i then click start to start tracking the head render screen/box goes white and the start button greys out followed by a crash saying "freetrack has stopped responding"

If i uncheck the simconnect box after the slow down it all speeds up again and will work fine in any other games gtl, gtr2, gt-evo, future pinball.

I have the same problems now. Last week week was everything ok. I never had installed simconnect in FSX .... ?
I thought my problems began after I tried some shortcut command to connect my Wii to the BluSoleil software and I have manualy edited FSX.cfg (for some video-error warnings concerning 2 video cards).

I find out, just like you did, that everything work ok after deselect Simconnect in the outputscreen.

Saturday 7 feb. was everything workin properly and Sunday 8 feb. I had troubles with Freetrack and Simconnect.

Is it possible that an automatic windows update caused the problem?
My Os is Windows Vista 64 bit home premium.
slim1664 #3 11/02/2009 - 14h31

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 11/02/2009

Off line

[quote=benmeijer @ 11/02/2009 - 14h49]

slim1664 @ 11/02/2009 - 10h14 a dit:

Is it possible that an automatic windows update caused the problem?
My Os is Windows Vista 64 bit home premium.

I dont think it was that because my gaming pc with freetrack installed is not always internet connected and so unable to do automatic updates.
I hope i can sort this as fsx and freetrack was excellent.
benmeijer #4 11/02/2009 - 16h52

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 19/07/2008

Off line

:D I found how to fix this problem !

Start Freetrack (I assume you disabled simconnect.....)
don't press start now !

now start FSX and stay in the main screen (don't select a flight or so)

go back to Freetrack
Then unselect Freetrack-interface and TrackIR-interface.
and select Simconnect.
now press start (in freetrack).

end Freetrack and save settings/cfg.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).