FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  4 Sources of infrared:S, Help plz
Detonate #1 24/12/2008 - 18h56

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 24/12/2008

Off line

Im using the wii remote as my webcam:) Working wonderful at the moment apart from this slight problem. I built the 3 point Cap design all working as such.. Only problem is I have 4 sources of infrared coming up on the Freetrack Camera even thought I only have three high powered IR LED's. I am literally stumped.. I dont know whether its a software issue of hardware. I can find no other source of IR anywhere in the room>< Turned off TV, Sky etc.. The only things I had on were my sexy cap with THREE IR LED and the Wii remote but still 4 Lights coming up. I have tried the lowest threshold and still 4. Everything else works fine just finishing the calibration I think:S

Thanks in advance
CyBerkut #2 25/12/2008 - 03h48

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 16/12/2008

Off line

Detonate @ 24/12/2008 - 19h56 a dit:

Im using the wii remote as my webcam:) Working wonderful at the moment apart from this slight problem. I built the 3 point Cap design all working as such.. Only problem is I have 4 sources of infrared coming up on the Freetrack Camera even thought I only have three high powered IR LED's. I am literally stumped.. I dont know whether its a software issue of hardware. I can find no other source of IR anywhere in the room>< Turned off TV, Sky etc.. The only things I had on were my sexy cap with THREE IR LED and the Wii remote but still 4 Lights coming up. I have tried the lowest threshold and still 4. Everything else works fine just finishing the calibration I think:S

Thanks in advance

Well, if all 4 lights seem to move with your head movements, I'd look for a source of reflection upon your head (ie. either the hat, glasses or headset).  If one of the 4 lights seems to remain stationary, or moves in some way that differs from your head's movement, look for a stationary source of reflection in the room.

Another possibility that comes to mind is that maybe an LED is emitting light out the front and also out the side.  If the LED bulbs stick out, you may need to experiment with taping / sleeving the LEDS so that light only comes out the front.  ( I was a bit surprised how much the LEDs on my TrackClip Pro were recessed into the sleeving that they are mounted in. )

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).