FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  using YUY2
jonelsorel #1 26/11/2008 - 12h20

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 21/10/2007

Off line

Did anyone get FreeTrack to work with the YUY2 filter?
I'm getting a "Freetrack encountered an error and needs to close" message every time i start tracking, and the program quits. This happens with all versions of FreeTrack..
gbmarsh #2 30/11/2008 - 01h46

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 28/11/2008

Off line

jonelsorel @ 26/11/2008 - 13h20 a dit:

Did anyone get FreeTrack to work with the YUY2 filter?
I'm getting a "Freetrack encountered an error and needs to close" message every time i start tracking, and the program quits. This happens with all versions of FreeTrack..

Well, simple answer, yes.  :D  I found out about Freetrack quite by accident while looking for something else online and thought I would give it a try as I love FS2004 and I am too poor to by TrackIR. I have a VERY cheap webcam, Lexmar Panda 10c, that only supports YUY2 filtering. The only thing I can offer as help is to turn off 'auto exposure' in your cam's software driver and play around with the manual exposure settings (set it to very low value like less than 20) and then play around with the 'threshold' slider in Freetrack and see if this helps.

If this does not work I would suggest purchasing a better camera that has different filtering options as when you get this program working properly the results are FANTASTIC!!

Bon Chance !

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).