FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Turning off FreeTrack
Helms #1 24/10/2008 - 12h41

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 24/10/2008

Off line

I don't have a point model built yet, but decided to download FreeTrack just to play around with the software in the mean time.  After messing around with it for a bit, I exited the program and decided to play some IL2 1946.  On mission startup, the pilot was looking backwards.  I tried to fight it with the mouse, but the view always defaulted to this angle.  Figuring that FreeTrack must still be running, I exited and went into the task manager to ensure that it had closed properly....it had.  I tried playing IL2 again and the same thing happened so I ended up deleting FreeTrack until I'm ready to actually use it.

My question is this:  Will FreeTrack always interfere with certain programs?  When installed do I always have to use it or can I go back to mouse/joystick hat should the mood strike me without interference?
Sandeu #2 31/10/2008 - 16h31

Registered on : 22/03/2008

Off line

I have this same issue with IL2 1946 and Freetrack 2.2.  When the game starts the cockpit view is looking back to the right.  The mouse look does not work and the hotkey set to center view doesn't work.  The only way I can get this to work is to have Freetrack running in the back ground then I can use the mouse.  On a side note though when I use my 3 point LED hat the program works with no problems.  I just need to have Freetrack on to be able to play IL2 or when I'm just jumping in to check my latest skin work.

Other than this GREAT job guys!

Sandeu
Helms #3 01/11/2008 - 13h22

Registered on : 24/10/2008

Off line

Thanks for the tip!  It works fine now as long as FreeTrack is running.
Hi_Speedirt #4 02/11/2008 - 23h40

Registered on : 30/10/2008

Off line

I had the same issue. You can also go into IL-1946 "conf" file and change "trackIRUse=1" to "0".  Make sure you click "file" then "save" after changes.  Game should work normally without having to run Freetrack.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).