FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  FreeTrack 2.2: Crashes and hangs
iw2nzm #1 21/10/2008 - 08h25

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 05/02/2008

Off line

Hello,

I'm experiencing problems slightly different than the others I read in this forum.

I installed the last version of FreeTrack (2.2.0.267) on Windows XP SP3 with DX9. My web cam is a Philips SPC 900NC.  Some month ago I used previous version of FreeTrack without problem on the same hardware.

I can start FreeTrack but regardless any further setup click to "start" when is selected "Demo Video" leads to a crash with the following error message:

"An unhandled win32 exception occurred in FreeTrack.exe [464]"

When the video source points to my web cam I can see the video stream (but no the skull on the left) and the program immediately hangs. No more click are managed. I have to kill the process from task manager.

What should I can do to find out the problem?

I've already unistalled, cleaned the registry and reinstalled.

Thanks
Marco / iw2nzm
benmeijer #2 21/10/2008 - 22h23

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 19/07/2008

Off line

do not use "Demo video" but select your webcam or wiimote .... and then push "start".
If it stills crashes ..... set treshold slider to the far right.
iw2nzm #3 22/10/2008 - 06h33

Registered on : 05/02/2008

Off line

As said before, when I select my webcam it hangs immediately even if the threshold slider is set at the maximum.

I've just installed the version 2.1.2 and works fine with both demo video and the webcam. So, it's definitely a problem of version 2.2.

Any idea?
Mist #4 19/12/2008 - 19h19

Registered on : 19/12/2008

Off line

I too have some bad experiences with 2.2.0.297 and SPC 900nc. For me if you try to access the camera options from the FT gui, the software hangs. Also if you press Start from the GUI a few frames are captured to the camera window, but after a few seconds the software hangs. FT version 2.1.2 works fine, so there might be a bug in v2.2.  I tested the camere in vista premium 64 and also in vista professional 32 bit. The results were the same in both cases.

I am new to this head tracking business and was seriously considering TIR 4 for my headtracking unit. Fortunately I stumbled on this magnificent project and I would like to extend my grattitude and humble reverence to the developers of FreeTrack. My only wish now is that you gurus could find a way to make the SPC 900nc to work.

PS. I get now error mesages or any notifications, the software just hangs.
mastapete #5 13/10/2009 - 12h12

Registered on : 13/10/2009

Off line

Hi, I am new to this Forum and just recognised the same problem others here had a while ago, but it does not seem to be solved yet.

I am using the Philips SPC 900NC.

Version 2.2.0.279 crashes whenever I click on "Camera" or "Start".

When I use version 2.1.2.264 the settings and camera work, but I cannot see any blinking light on the left screen - even if I use the "Threshold" to the far minimum and maximum.

The camera settings are all shut off/low and I tried the stream settings for I420 and IYUV with 60fps and 320x240. YUY2 crashes when I click "Start".

Both with I420 and IYUV I get a black/red screen on the left side after clicking "Start". It does not seem to recognise anything and when I use the "Threshold" the program crashes.

So both versions crash at different times of use..

What can be the problem?
Edited by mastapete on 13/10/2009 at 12h35.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).